Saturday, December 20, 2003

Hola, amigos, it's time for us to habla fucking espaniol. Today's el topico is very non-specifico, and amigos, I hope you realize it's going to stay that way.

Following my summary of Jerry's not-so-plight, I think I can offer my opinion.

If Kovacs is mad, she might as well have a stroke and die, because it's completely unfounded. Why do you need to keep students "under supervision" for the few hours of the winter "surprise" party? Please don't offer that 300-minute bullshit. Nobody cares. Look at, say, Centennial. They get out an hour earlier than we do, their lunch breaks are longer, and is the state ramming anything up their ass? No, they are not. Nobody cares, as long as you don't draw attention. And besides, the party doesn't really involve academics... there's no point in staying. I can see that from a administrative point of view, seeing students go anywhere they please is a troubling sight, but look at it like this: if you are going to try to enforce yourself, you are just asking to be ditched at every turn.

Casey put it aptly when she said she thought this blog had died. That was true, but now that I increasingly have little to do, I find myself in a better position to vent my inner soul. Ring the bells, ma, dinner is served.

One last thing, for your enjoyment.

I am a pretentious old hag,
My name is Kovacs, Kovacs I am.
Hello student, good day to you,
Perchance do you know a "Sam?"

Why yes I do, good Kovacs, ma'am.
In fact I know him well, lots I can tell.
But please do not pretend,
His real name we have not put to an end.

True, young one, you are not a fool.
But by FERPA we must abide,
If we are to appear "cool."
Now, let's put pretense aside.

Would you like some green lies and sham?
In an office, or in a tram,
Tell me what you know
about why Jerry was a no show.

I would not like some green lies and sham, no ma'am.
Not in your office, or in a dam.
I was in the crowd
while you shouted so loud.

Please do not fuck,
with me you cannot lie, I affirm.
Your eyes are full of muck
Or is that my sperm?

Kovacs, I insist, I was not a truant.
I was present to sing Totoro and rap,
in my Japanese I was perfectly fluent.
In the lockers, I merely took a nap.

If you are so stubborn, you may leave in his stead,
but be warned, and tell Jerry:
If Tomek is nice and gives me head,
Your asses I will have, and it will be merry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home