Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Barr just IMed me about the winter formal- a ghastly proposition, that.

Every time the music slows at a dance I am pitted with the half of my mind that ridicules me for my shyness, and I have an argument:

"So, not dancing with someone, eh?"
"Nope."
"Feeling bad about it?"
"Nope."
"You know, you haven't really slow danced with anybody before."
"That's not true. Once subbie year with Zoe (but that was just out of pity on her part, so it doesn't count), and during summer camp last year."
"Why don't I know about that?"
"Because you're on the wrong half of the brain."

That's pretty much it. I confront my guilt, and dispose of it. When I'm around people like Jerry, I just don't feel like doing much but talking, maybe dancing like an idiot. But that's for our own twisted amusement. I'm surprisingly less uptight away from Uni: at camp I was dancing freely even to bad music. Simply because it felt good, and nobody was around to have perverted convos with (also, it may have been because I wanted to dance with these people, and at Uni nobody interests me). But Uni dances- I probably feel uncomfortable dancing with these kinds of people. I dunno.

I'm tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home